Sunday, June 13, 2010

18nineties



A personal digital picture. From the series, "Time and Space". 2400 px X 3000 px. Created a few years past.

The woman's face is from a family photo. I guess the time to be eighteen nineties, but I do not know. There is no date on the old photo. I should probably do some research. It would not take that long, but I would rather make myself a "croque monsieur"

This beautiful child/woman struck me from a group of school children. My grandfather, from my father's side is the teacher in the picture. The picture was taken with about twenty children of all ages, sitting outside, where the light was better. My guess, is that it was taken by an itinerant photographer. I think that he had to put a black cloth over his head. I consider this old photo to be a family treasure.

The girl's face struck me. She looked the most alive of all the people in the photo. I have no idea who she is. She looks like she is in a spiritual trance, with her eyes rolled back.

Via techno majic I pulled her face out of the photo, worked it in photoshop, and added other elements. The dragon thingie is a ivory incense burner, that my mother brought back from Japan. (One of the few things that survived the fire.) I scanned the ivory. The letter is an old scanned letter, from my mother to her mother and sister. The date is 1967. The flowery looking things are chanterelle mushrooms that I digitally photographed on my property.

I hope that this art connects with you.

No comments: