Monday, June 18, 2012


Charles Neville Communications


I am so delighted that Charles Neville answered my open letter.  Charles is the much loved Grammy award winning  saxophone musician. In a city bountiful with musicians, he is New Orleans musical Royalty. His album "Diversity" is phenomenal.  The best way to hear him and the bro's is when the Neville Brothers close the annual New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. 


This is what Charles wrote:


Dear Janet,
Your painting is wonderful, full of wonder and quite beautiful.  You really captured something of the Spirit of the "Mystic" Charles Neville. I would love to have a copy, if that's possible.  I'll be in N.O. for one day in late June.  I'll get to the C.A.C. then.
Thanks,
Charles


I wrote back:


Dear Charles,
Yesterday I mailed out four prints for you.  The prints are made with archival paper and ink.  ....
Thank you very much for your kind e-mail regarding the portrait.  I hope that you do not mind if I quote you in my blog and on other internet entries.

Art is communication between individuals.  As humans we speak, we gesture, we touch, but we never really know what is in the mind of others.  My art documents the introspections of my cognitive processes as I muddle about, trying to understand what it means to be a human on Earth.  Our communications demonstrates this process.

ART IS THE SHORTEST DISTANCE BETWEEN TWO MINDS

Your art, music inspired me and about a million other people.  I responded with a portrait, which speaks to you.  We craft verbal communications, and share them with others.  We are trying to close the gap between human minds. 

Have a blessed day,
Janet

See my web site and blog which illustrate my quest.



Charles wrote back:


Thanks Janet,
I looked at your website and liked everything I saw.  The crying baby was my favorite.  Thanks for thinking of me as being a subject.
Charles

2 comments:

Nimmi said...

What an honor...for you and Charels both.

Janet Boyd Art said...

Thanks Nimmi!