Thursday, January 13, 2022

Visions of Joy





ANNA FLOWER
archival digital print, 1/2022

close up



VISION

archival digital print, 1/2022





 close up


Two new pictures completed this new year 2022, a year that we are hoping will be better than the train wreck of 2021.  I am grateful to be an artist in these troublesome times.  Time spent in my studio is an escape from "reality" into the "flow state" of creating.  Making art enriches my life, and I believe that creating beauty makes the world a bit better.  

Who or what are these images that I create?  Are they Goddesses, dreamy earthlings, Angels, figments of my imagination, fantasies??  They are illustrations of the joy that I search for in life.  Metaphors for enlightenment.  

Lately, I have thought of a reply that I can use if someone asks me, "What is your religion?".  My answer is, "I am a Spiritual Seeker".    

I have been wondering "What is belief?"  A mental construct of our minds, that satisfies our earthling needs for reassurance that life has meaning.  Mental scaffolding for our baffling questions about existence.  I think that most religious teachings are metaphors for something, for what? for our basic need to know what we should be doing with our life.  

I believe that there is a spiritual realm.  Something so above our limited verbal capabilities, something beyond words.  The spiritual realm can be experienced in elevated states of consciousness.  The experience may be more accurately communicated through images than words.

 










No comments: