Friday, March 18, 2022

Diana Greek Goddess

 



Diana, Greek Goddess

digital, archival prints, 3/18/22
file #220316Diana






Diana, Greek Goddess, Jeweled

digital, archival prints, 24.1M, 3/18/22
file #220316Diana




When I was in the Louvre, I was gobsmacked to see this statue. Diana has always fascinated me. She brings home the bacon, I mean venison.  I found a picture of her on the web and harvested it for digital art.  I worked it up over a period of months, leaving her and coming back again.  As is my habit, I digitally brushed over the entire profile.  Usually, I will change the arrangements of the reference photo.  Sometimes I cut off limbs and rearrange them. This profile is so beautiful that I did not even change any proportions.  

In another file, I had a desire to create some jewelry and worked, played, with beautiful stones.  I put the two files together and created a simple frame version and a jeweled framed version. 


I have been creating in photoshop since the late 90's, so have many files.  Recently I developed a system of organization that is working well.  The file names are six digit dates, with the year listed first, followed by a short description.  This info might be helpful to help you manage files.  




Diana of Versailles

Louvre, Paris




No comments: