Wednesday, December 20, 2023




Deerscape

acrylic on paper, 16"x24"



 Deer Emerging
digital






Trail cam photo of deer by the creek on our property
(The date is wrong, the px was shot a few years after 
that date. The vegetation is winter colors.)


We live on real deep country property in Washington Parish, Louisiana, USA.  Acreage is relatively inexpensive in this area.  I love having a lot of natural space.  It is 40-minute drive to Walmart.  So what!  The trail cam picture of the deer was my inspiration and reference for the "Deer Emerging" digital picture. I might use the digital px as reference for an acrylic on canvas painting.  

Recently, while walking in the woods, we found a thicket of dense vegetation where the small creek forms a sharp U.  A few areas in the thicket we saw where the grass had been crushed, it looked like places where the deer had bedded down.  I plan to set up a trail cam there soon.  Maybe I will get a few new inspiring shots of deer.   Deer are such gorgeous, elegant creatures. Their movements are liquid grace.

If you have been following my work, if you peruse this blog, then you will see the scope of my artwork.  I have been working on two different series: nature scapes and pictures of women.  I follow my muse; she seems to go in crisscrossed circles.

 Sometimes Missy Muse will lead me to another, less visited, series.  For example, I am now working on a digital "Alter Altar for ET".  I may post it soon.  I was a bit surprised when I saw older images of alter altars on my computer.  I had forgotten that I had previously done similar alter works, not with ET, but other cartoonish characters.  So, sometimes, I follow small divergent streams of inspiration.  

 I am grateful for the time available for me to create whatever inspires me at the moment of starting a picture.  




No comments: